Phone: (619) 236-1551 | eMail: email@example.com
Christina Rimkus Denning joined Higgs Fletcher & Mack as a partner after maintaining a practice in construction law, business litigation and personal injury. She proactively counsels businesses and individuals, and if necessary, she litigates a wide array of disputes from the claim stage through arbitration or trial and post-judgment collection efforts. Her experience includes:
Civil Litigation: Representation of individuals and businesses regarding contract disputes, torts, misrepresentation, unfair business practices and negligence claims. She also proactively counsels businesses and individuals in drafting contracts and other business documents with the goal of avoiding litigation.
REPRESENTATIVE LITIGATION ENGAGEMENTS
- Representation of partnership regarding plaintiff’s claim for fraud and unfair business practices relating to club membership deposit.
- Representation of property services provider regarding slip and fall claims.
- Representation of majority shareholder regarding minority shareholder’s claim for breach of fiduciary duty.
Construction Law: Representation of general contractors, subcontractors, developers and owners regarding a diverse spectrum of matters involving both public and private works. These disputes include those over contract terms, design issues, delay claims, insurance coverage issues, mechanic’s liens, stop notices, Cal/OSHA citations, CSLB complaints, licensing issues, recovering against payment and performance bonds, change orders and liquidated damages. Ms. Denning is committed to proactively counseling contractors in drafting construction contracts and other construction documents with the goal of avoiding litigation.
REPRESENTATIVE CONSTRUCTION ENGAGEMENTS
- Representation of developer client against public entity regarding $2.5 million dispute concerning sewer project.
- Representation of window subcontractor regarding owner’s claim for $300,000 for alleged defective window installation and alleged loss of building use.
- Representation of developer in litigation regarding dispute with neighboring HOA who claimed $250,000 in damages due to soil instability.
- Appeal and negotiation of Cal/OSHA citation for employer arising out of a jobsite fatality.
- Negotiation and settlement of CSLB accusations for general contractor.
- Representation of numerous subcontractors and general contractors in negotiating favorable contracts.
- Representation of lessee aviation services provider regarding construction of new $40 million facility.
Plaintiff’s Litigation: Representation of plaintiffs who have suffered personal and financial injuries, including claims for wrongful death, elder abuse, fraudulent transfers of assets, automobile accidents, defective roadway design, premises liability, fraud, civil assault/battery and other personal injuries.
REPRESENTATIVE PLAINTIFF’S LITIGATION MATTERS
- Pursue civil rights and wrongful death claims on behalf of spouse and children of an unarmed man who was shot and killed by the police department.
- Pursue wrongful death claim on behalf of spouse and daughter of a man who was killed during a police vehicle pursuit.
- Representation of auto accident victims who suffer all types of injuries, from soft tissue injuries to neck fractures.
- Representation of claimant who was assaulted with a pool stick.
Originally from St. Louis, Missouri, Ms. Denning attended Northeast Missouri State University (now Truman State University), where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. She received her Juris Doctorate from Willamette University, School of Law, in Salem, Oregon, where she worked in various areas of litigation as a law clerk during all three years of law school. Ms. Denning enjoys sharing her litigation experience by mentoring associate attorneys, interns and law clerks.
Ms. Denning lives in San Diego with her husband and their two Shar-Peis. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, running, golfing, glass fusion, cooking, snowboarding and spending time with her “Little Sister” through the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program.
- J.D., Willamette University College of Law (2000)
- B.A., Truman State University (1997)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. - San Diego
- Associated General Contractors - San Diego
- National Association of Women in Construction - San Diego
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- 6 Degrees San Diego
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Law Review Cle (Speaker)
- Cal/OSHA 10-Hour Training Certificate
- YPC Young Professional of the Month - October 2011
- San Diego Daily Transcript Young Influential - May 2012
- San Diego Magazine Woman of the Year Finalist - September 2012