Phone: (619) 236-1551 | eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joshua Katz specializes in tax law, representing corporate and individual clients before the Internal Revenue Service, California Franchise Tax Board, the California State Board of Equalization, and other State taxing authorities. His focus is on tax controversy matters, which includes: audits, appeals, tax liens, levies, installment agreements, and offers in compromise. Mr. Katz is fluent in both English and Spanish.
Prior to joining Higgs, Mr. Katz practiced civil and criminal law in the San Francisco Bay area. While in law school, Mr. Katz interned for the San Francisco District Attorney Pre-trial Division and the San Diego County District Attorney Economic Crimes Division and Lifer Hearing Unit.
Outside of work, Mr. Katz enjoys composing music, reading, chess, rock-climbing, backpacking, and playing tennis.
- LL.M., Taxation, University of San Diego (2011)
- J.D., Tax Concentration, University of California Hastings College of the Law (2008)
- B.A., Plan II Honors Program, University of Texas at Austin (2002)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- U.S. Tax Court
- State Bar of California, Taxation Section
- San Diego County Bar Association, Taxation Section