Phone: (619) 236-1551 | eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julian Myers is a 13 plus year attorney licensed to practice throughout Mexico and California and is fluent in English and Spanish. Mr. Myers focuses on business, corporate and real estate law. Given his bi-cultural background, he is especially valuable in bridging the "cultural gap" that often arises in cross-border transactions, something very few "cross-border" attorneys can do. Mr. Myers represents foreign and national clients with matters in the United States, Mexico and other Spanish speaking countries, including business planning, entity formation and maintenance, tax planning, securities, contracts, real estate, insurance, licensing, franchise, venture development and finance, foreigner relocation, and all types of business transactions.
Some of Mr. Myers' recent transactions include:
- Assisted U.K. client with acquisition, financing and resale of $5M restaurant property in Encinitas, including business aspects and licensing required to open restaurant.
- Assisted U.S. client with formation of Mexican entities, acquisition of $40M+ development property in Baja California Sur, and ongoing legal matters relating to the protection and development of the property into a multi-amenity destination resort.
- Assisted Canadian private money financial group to secure cross-border loan and mortgage backed by $10M+ hotel property in Zihuatanejo, Mexico.
- Assisted diverse clients with formation and maintenance of business entities, registration in alternate jurisdictions, conversions, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, the sale or disposition of ownership interests in same, and resolution of shareholder disputes.
- Assisted Mexican client to relocate to the United States, form business entities, negotiate commercial lease, and open doors of high-end restaurant in Beverly Hills, California.
- Assisted shareholders of a local insurance agency in introducing an innovative cross-border insurance product into the California market and the sale of their shares in the business to the members of a large Mexican insurance conglomerate.
- Assisted client with a "sale of assets" reorganization between a Missouri and California corporation, including a "private offering" seeking to raise $10M in connection with the client's aqua-farming business in Ensenada, Mexico.
- Assisted Mexican client in acquiring $7.5M winery property in Napa Valley, California.
- Assisted Mexican client in relocating to the United States, forming business entities, negotiating franchise agreement and commercial lease, coordinating immigration matters, and opening doors of children's gym and retail store at high-end mall in San Diego, California.
- Assisted French client in acquiring book of investment properties in Riverside, California, including the preparation of specific contracts between client and his French investors.
- Assisted client with "private offering" to raise $10M capital for web-based insurance quoting system for the cross-border auto insurance market.
Mr. Myers was born in Mexico City and has lived and practiced law on both sides of the border. While living in Mexico City, he worked as an associate with one of Mexico's oldest law firms, Noriega y Escobedo, A.C. Mr. Myers also served as legal consultant to the Mexico City Government, participating in a government program designed to provide pro bono legal services to the general public. Before moving to San Diego, he served as in-house general counsel for GE Capital Bank Mexico, S.A., where he supervised the day to day management of the bank's legal affairs.
- Corporate and Securities
- Hotels, Restaurants & Tourism
- Immigration & Nationality Law
- Real Estate
- European Union Law, Magdalen College, Oxford U.K. (2002)
- LL.M., University of San Diego School of Law (2002)
- J.D., Universidad Anáhuac, Mexico D.F. (1997)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association