Phone: (619) 236-1551 | eMail: email@example.com
Peter Doody is a trial attorney specializing in the defense of cases brought against product manufacturers, transportation companies, and premises owners. He has extensive jury trial experience and is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (“ABOTA”) which requires 20 jury trials to verdict as first chair. Mr. Doody is the former President of San Diego Defense Lawyers, and former President of the San Diego Inn of Court. Mr. Doody has received the highest rating available (A-V) from Martindale-Hubbell for ethics and legal ability. He is a member of the prestigious Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, a national association of attorneys whose members are admitted by invitation only. Mr. Doody is a board member of the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel.
Mr. Doody currently serves as San Diego regional trial counsel for consumer product manufacturers, interstate motor carriers and national retail stores. He specializes in the defense of serious personal injury cases, striving for resolution but prepared and ready for trial if the case cannot be settled.
Mr. Doody is a nationally recognized speaker and has spoken before civil litigation defense organizations such as American Law Firm Association. Defense Research Institute, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Transportation Lawyers Association and Trucking Industry Defense Association.
Mr. Doody earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Francisco School of Law. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Colorado where he captained the rugby team and received most valuable player honors.
- J.D., University of San Francisco (1986)
- B.A., University of Colorado at Boulder (1981)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- American Bar Association
- American Law Firm Association
- State Bar of California
- San Diego Defense Lawyers, Past President
- San Diego Inn of Court, Past President
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Federation of Insurance and Corporate Counsel
- Risk Insurance Management Society
- Southern California Association of Defense Counsel, Board Member
- Transportation Lawyers Association