Phone: | eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Jones is an entrepreneur and corporate executive turned lawyer. He has received the highest rating (A-V) available from Martindale-Hubbell for ethics and legal ability. Mike joined the Firm in 1996 and has been a partner since 2001.
There are three major areas to Mike’s practice:
- Corporate transactions including Mergers & Acquisitions;
- Serving as Outside General Counsel to mid-market companies; and
- Resolution of disputes among shareholders and partners.
Mike represents about 40 mid-market companies. His clients are in a wide-range of industries includingclean tech, electronic design and manufacturing,financial services, architectural services,real estate development, securities brokerage, food manufacturing and distribution, electronic components distribution, and health care services.
Recent transactions include:
- Negotiated Lease Termination for Tenant at Major Shopping Mall
- Buyout of Minority Shareholder in Food Distribution Business
- Buyout of Shareholder in Electronics Marketing Business
- Represented Seller in Acquisition of Craft Supply Business
- Represented Buyer in Acquisition of Contracting Business
- Represented Seller in Acquisition of Trademark
- Represented Buyer in Acquisition of Minority Owners in Financial Services Industry
- Represented Investor in Purchase of Preferred Stock in Internet Business
- Represented Company in Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Negotiated Settlement of Out-of-State Contract Dispute
- Negotiated Settlement of Employment Dispute
- Negotiated Resolution of Lease Termination Dispute
- Represented Limited Partners in Sale of Interests to General Partner
Mike represents his clients with the same dedication and enthusiasm that he demonstrated during his successful business career. As a former executive, he understands the importance of responsiveness, and is committed to providing efficient and cost–effective legal services to his clients. Mike’s rates are reasonable, and often are $100 an hour or more less than lawyers with similar experience at major law firms.
Mike started his career as a Financial and Securities Analyst with the State of Ohio. In that position, Mike was involved in more than 500 transactions including over 100 public offerings. He was the co-founder and president of an apparel manufacturing and distribution company, which ultimately was sold in a leveraged buyout to a group of retired Fortune 100 executives. Mike had a Merger & Acquisition consulting practice, specializing in providing consulting services to sellers of mid-market companies. He also was the publisher of “Merger & Acquisition Network.”
A triathlete, Mike competes in a dozen events each year. He is also an avid fisherman. Mike and several of his partners regularly fish for lobsters, returning most, but keeping a select few for the grill. See more at Lawyers & Lobsters.
Mike’s activities includeMIT Enterprise Forum San Diego,Association for Corporate Growth,ProVisors San Diego Downtown Group, Pinnacle Professional Networking Group, Past PresidentSalida Golf Club, Inc., ‘Past Director –Salida Chamber of Commerce,San Diego Breakfast Rotary Club,Paul Harris Fellow, and theTriathlon Club of San Diego.
- J.D., California Western School of Law (cum laude) (1998)
- M.B.A., University of Colorado (1992)
- B.S., Regis University (1990)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association