Phone: (619) 236-1551 | eMail: email@example.com
Steve Cologne is an equity partner with the firm and practices in the area of complex tort and business litigation. Currently, he focuses on employment litigation and trial of complex contract and business matters. Mr. Cologne was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America each year from 2008-2012. He has been named one of Southern California Super Lawyers, San Diego Edition since 2007.
- Represents large employers, public entities and high level supervisors for wrongful termination, discrimination, wage and hour disputes, and employment-related litigation;
- Breach of contract litigation including buy-sell agreements, commercial transactions and employment agreements in business matters;
- Defends and prosecutes fraud, business torts, insurance litigation associated with insurance disputes.
As an attorney for over 27 years, Mr. Cologne began representing individuals and entities in construction defect and medical professional liability litigation. His practice grew to include representing the San Diego Unified School District as outside litigation counsel on a variety of claims in State and Federal court. Mr. Cologne currently serves in the firm in a leadership role as executive partner in charge of the litigation department.
Mr. Cologne has received the highest rating (A-V) available from Martindale-Hubbell for ethics and legal ability. He has achieved the level of Advocate with the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) with over 68 jury trials to verdict.
Mr. Cologne is a member of a number of professional committees including the State Bar of California Labor and Employment Lawsection, ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, and Tort and Insurance Practice section. He is a past Executive Editor ofSan Diego Lawyer, the quarterly journal of the San Diego County Bar Association, and served as a Board Member of the San Diego County Bar Foundation, the charitable arm of the Bar. He is proud to be counsel for the Old Globe Theatre in San Diego, the top regional theatre in the country. Mr. Cologne serves on the University of San Diego School of Law Board of Visitors for his alma mater.
Mr. Cologne joined Higgs Fletcher & Mack as an equity partner in 1999. He previously enjoyed 15 years as an associate, partner and shareholder with the law firm of McInnis, Fitzgerald, Rees & Sharkey, then San Diego’s premier litigation firm.
In his free time, Steve enjoys wilderness backpacking, horseback riding, and foreign travel.
Please follow the San Diego Employment Law Blog.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law (1984)
- B.A., University of Southern California (1981)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Supreme Court Historical Society