Phone: (619) 236-1551 | eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Mercure specializes in sophisticated retirement and estate planning, often for professionals. Extremely effective at communicating complex tax and estate concepts to her clients, she regularly designs revocable and irrevocable trusts, including those providing life insurance and education funds for children. Susan is knowledgeable in the field of generation-skipping transfer tax planning, charitable gift planning and charitable remainder trusts. She is also skilled in devising business buy-out agreements.
Susan provides assistance to her clients in settling probate and trust estates, including the preparation of estate tax returns and post-mortem planning to minimize beneficiary tax burdens. She also has represented fiduciaries and beneficiaries in post-mortem disputes.
A Stanford University undergraduate, Susan holds both a law degree and a Master of Laws. She has been certified by the State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. She is frequently invited to speak on the topics of estate planning and estate administration.
- LL.M., Taxation, University of San Diego (1985)
- J.D., California Western School of Law (1978)
- B.S., Stanford University (1974)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of California (Board of Legal Specialization Certified Specialist, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law)
- State Bar of California (Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate)
- San Diego County Bar Association (Trusts and Estates)