Phone: | eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Ferrell is a trial lawyer with 31 years of experience representing clients in complex civil litigation in federal and state courts regarding disputes over securities, trade secrets, fraud, management misconduct, intellectual property, real estate and insurance coverage.
Mr. Ferrell has lectured in trade law for the U.S. Department of Commerce and Foreign Commercial Service, has taught National Institute for Trial Advocacy seminars, and provided seminars delivering Continuing Legal Education credit to fellow attorneys in such topics as lender liability and protecting intellectual property assets.
Mr. Ferrell served as a Trial Attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. where he received the Attorney General’s Award for Outstanding Performance as a Trial Attorney while representing high-ranking government officials and managers sued personally for damages. Former law clerk to a U.S. Magistrate and Chief U.S. District Court Judge, he later served as Special U.S. Counsel in the Australian offices of Baker & McKenzie for two years of his 15-year tenure with that global law firm.
He has earned Martindale Hubbell’s highest ratings for legal ability and ethics.
- Defended nationwide construction company in class action lawsuit over false advertising that resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Ongoing defense of securities fraud claim against real estate developers and financiers.
- Ongoing prosecution of securities fraud claims against public and private companies.
- Defended nationwide distributor of home décor in copyright infringement claim resulting in a successful settlement.
- Ongoing prosecution of “C-suite” officer for embezzling corporate funds.
- Defended nationwide residential/resort developer in partnership dispute resulting in a successful settlement.
- Prosecuted insurance bad faith claims on behalf of global manufacturer/distributor of sporting equipment.
- Negotiated insurance claims on behalf of Cedar fire and Witch Creek fire victims resulting in favorable settlements for homeowners.
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law (1979)
- B.A., Wake Forest University (1975)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- Multiple federal court jurisdictions
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Ths North Carolina State Bar
- Downtown San Diego Partnership
- Downtown San Diego Partnership, Board of Directors
- Australian American Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- Rotary International, Paul Harris Fellow
- San Diego Zoological Society, Animal Ethicist
- Boy Scouts of America, Endowment Committee