Phone: | eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victor Pippins specializes in the area of criminal defense. He has represented over 200 people charged with a variety of offenses in both state and federal court. More than a dozen of those cases were tried to a jury verdict. Mr. Pippins has also represented clients before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition to criminal defense, Mr. Pippins is experienced in immigration law, having successfully attacked prior orders of deportation.
Mr. Pippins has handled cases involving offenses ranging from Driving Under the Influence to wire fraud, money laundering, complex conspiracies and internet-based crimes. His experience also involves the representation of individuals charged with drug offenses, ranging from the possession of small, personal use amounts to thousands of pounds of controlled substances. He also has experience representing individuals who are the subject of federal grand jury investigations, avoiding indictment in some cases. Mr. Pippins has been designated by the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California as an experienced criminal practitioner qualified to handle appointments arising under the Criminal Justice Act.
Representative matters include:
- defending multiple clients charged with aggravated identity theft and misuse of visas and passports;
- federal wire fraud charges based on allegations of investment fraud;
- defending the owner of a state licensed medical marijuana dispensary facing federal drug charges; and
- successfully advocating for clients who had previously been deported, but were determined after extensive litigation with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service to be United States citizens.
Mr. Pippins earned his Bachelor of Arts from Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts. He earned his law degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, where he specialized in trial advocacy.
- J.D., McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific (2007)
- B.A., Amherst College (2000)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association